It can be quite daunting to look for funds for your project… however, help is at hand, there are many resources available on the web. Here are are a couple of places you can go to help you on your way:
The Resource Centre: https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/
The Institute of Fundraising: https://www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk/
You might want to create a fundraising plan / a strategy, so you can see what you’re aiming for and how to get there.
There are many ways to get the money in! For example:
- Individual Giving – Asking major donors to make gifts to your organisation
- Major Donor Groups – May include board giving, a finance or development committee, etc
- Events – Both large and small.
- Direct Mail
- Online and E-Giving
- Grants – Foundations, Corporate, Government
- Corporate Giving Programs
- Minor Donor Groups
- Participatory Fundraising – Like marathons and Big Local Dragons’ Dens
- Annual Giving and Multi-Year Giving Campaigns
You might have to prove that what you’re raising funds for is needed. Go to our local statistics page for assistance: http://radstockwestfield.org.uk/local-statistics/